He is equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again some day to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Matthew 1:22, 23, Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-5, 14:10-30, Hebrews 4:14, 15, 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4, Romans 1:3, 4, Acts 1:9-11, 1 Timothy 6:14, 15, Titus 2:13
Giving in and giving out God’s love.
- 1 John 3:18: “Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth.”
- 1 John 4:16: “We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in him. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.”
- 1 John 5:2, 3: “We know we love God’s children if we love God and obey his commandments. Loving God means keeping his commandments.”
Understanding our culture
- 1 Corinthians 9:19-22: “Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible . . . I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.” Investing in individuals
- 1 Thessalonians 2:8: “We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God, but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.”
Developing people doctrinally.
- 1 Timothy 4:16: “Watch your life and doctrine closely. Preserve in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.”
Integrating believers in ministry.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27: “Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it.”
Nurturing authentic relationships.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
Giving excellence in all we do.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31: “Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, you must do all for the glory of God.”